Fall is here.
Time to take care of the outside of the house and make sure it has some curb appeal. A large percentage of home buyers decide whether or not to look inside a home based on its curb appeal: It is THAT important.
1) Rake leaves and put fresh pine needles or mulch down on ground coverings.
2) Trim all bushes, especially anything that is overgrown onto the sidewalk or the driveway. I had a client who had overgrown bushes, and it was covering up a spectacular view of the lake!
3) Power-wash the sidewalk and driveway if necessary. Don’t forget the siding of the house.
4) Professionally clean windows and gutters (don’t want anyone falling on me)
5) Mow the lawn and kill the weeds
6) Add pretty colorful flowers, Mums are spectacular right now and add color and warmth to the season.
this post by Marcyne Touchton. Marcyne is an award-winning Designer, Master ASP Stager and Principal for Domaine Staging. She is featured as an expert source on real estate trends in news articles and TV segments throughout the region in the Carolinas. 704.905.6343